Scotch Malt Whisky Society ... video!

I started this other blog, BourbonGirl.com, when I finally got settled in Scotland. The point was to taste all kinds of delicious whiskies (and whiskeys) and write about them. I made diligent on notes on several, and then I got pregnant. So much for my palette! Even in Europe, where I've seen plenty of pregnant women enjoy a glass of wine, drinking the hard stuff is frowned upon. Sigh.

The moratorium on liquor doesn't mean that I haven't enjoyed plenty of nights out at the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, however. It's a relaxing atmosphere with great food and a fun night out for a group of friends. Plus, with my pregnancy super-smell, I've gotten really good at nosing David's whiskies and calling out toffee, bananas, chalk, and other flavours hidden within the single malts. While I sip on a lemonade and inhale their homemade chips.

Also, one of my superpowers is getting on-camera when I go out somewhere -- not in a paparazzi kind of way, just in a right-place-right-time style. In keeping with that power, lookie what we found on the SMWS Facebook page:

2 comments