Goodbye, summer. Hello, routine.

I don't like routine, but I'm finding more and more that it's the only way I'll get anything accomplished as a working mother. I have functioned really well with ADHD my entire life -- like, I didn't even realize I had it until I was in my late twenties because I was a straight-A student and successfully owned my own business. But working non-linearly is not working for me anymore when I'm trying to work from home with two children. Completing tasks is just not happening.

I'm so sad to see summer go. I know it's still hot (and I know it's not yet the equinox), but when the pool closes, summer is over. Also, I don't understand why all the summerhaters think they are the only ones. You're definitely the majority of my friends. Only a handful of my friends love the heat. 

Anyway ... I digress. (See? Non-linear...)

I'm attempting to reign in my all-over-the-placeness this fall. Despite my dislike for fall and its impending doom, I have always felt that Rosh Hashanah was the true beginning of the year and the time for resolutions. 

This fall I will re-claim my blog, my business and some sense of control. Laugh if you will, but it's the little things. 

In the mean time, let me reminisce of a wonderful summer gone by too quickly:

Last day of the pool :( 

Look, I'm in the photo!


Birdies gig at a polo match!


He takes short naps, but he looks cute doing it.

My dreamboat husband winning the BIG SPLASH CONTEST!

0 comments