An apparently simple career boost.

I've spent the last few years feeling largely irrelevant and unloved in the local music community -- not at all a cry for help, just a feeling -- and what do you know, all it took was a new photo of me with Elvis Costello to get 5 gig offers, 3 media requests about my new record, and 1 super-cool radio opportunity all within 3 hours of me posting a photo of Elvis grinning next to me on the ol' Facebook. I'm not saying it's all because of Elvis, but it can't just be coincidence, right?

I don't know, maybe if I post another photo of me with someone super-cool, more exciting career-related things will open up. Anyone really good at Photoshop? I kid, I kid.

I'm so excited about MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW and also my CD RELEASE PARTY!! It's Friday in Louisville at Headliners, and I'm so, so, so ready to play this music out with my band. We are also doing Live Lunch on Friday -- sharing the bill with Alex Wright, so should be good fun.

Also, I found this on my dad's car when it was parked outside my house for a few days. Very interest-specific religious targeting, wouldn't you say? I mean, a Scotland flag and a horse riding to freedom???


0 comments